About Vérité Skincare
Vérité [vey-ree-tey] noun, French. truth; truthfulness.
At Vérité Skincare, we place truth at the top of our priorities. We are truthful about our process, our ingredients, and our labeling. We operate on the principles of Simple, Clean, and Effective.
Our mission: Vérité Skincare provides simple, clean, and effective personal and home products while being truthful about our ingredients and handmade process.
- Simple, Clean, and Effective: Vérité Skincare uses natural and safe ingredients to create products. We do not sacrifice product quality or ingredient safety for profit. We will use fun colors and scents for some products but remain within our parameters.
- Personal and Home Products: We will start with creating our basic skincare and body care sets. After a successful campaign and fulfillment, we will branch into creating other and more refined products for specific purposes (think hand and body soap before biodegradable-glitter eyeliner).
- Truth: Vérité translates from French as "truth". Vérité Skincare maintains as much ingredient and process transparency as possible and will never list "fragrance", "parfum", or "color" on our labels, as those words can be used to conceal any ingredient used for fragrance.
- Ingredients: We will use the best ingredients possible, including organic essential oils, organic and fair trade cocoa butter, organic shea butter, and much more. We will not use FD&C dyes, synthetic fragrances, petroleum-based ingredients, phthalates, sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate, and many more risky ingredients.
- Handmade Process: We believe in the small batch, handmade process. Making smaller batches by hand allows for fresher products and unique, limited edition products. Making products by hand means each batch will be slightly different in color and scent, which gives character and a personal touch to our products.